Friday, November 11, 2011

frex assignment made me see something

            For my major assignment I spoke to Dr.Citzler because of my own personal interest. She was able to provide me with abroad range of information over the business degree plain at Texas Lutheran. She also was able to help me plan my schedule for the upcoming spring semester. Instead of focusing on major specific courses I should focus on the “Dimensions of Liberal Education” which are the 36 credit hour. The requirements in the 36 hours are broken into seven dimensions. Those dimensions are the Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences. Social Science, Cross Cultural Dimensions, Theology and Personal Well Being. If a student takes the time to properly plan their courses out they could fill some of the requirements of their major specific courses and obtain hours for the required 36 hours. In my meeting I realized that I could incorporate some of the activities I do in my regular life in the 36 hour requirement. Like Personal Well-Being hours can be my everyday work out and the Art hours would be the time in the day I draw. By having these courses would allow me to keep my interest and increase my own well being cognitively and physically. Dr.Citzler went on to tell me that most graduates that major in business usually go directly into the work force not graduate school. In order to give me an outlook on the career I would like to pursue Dr.Citzler informed me to visit a career website that would inform me of the characteristics of careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment