Thursday, December 8, 2011

over done

For our Frex exam all the frex classes were given two essays to write before class. This to me was a waste of time. I don’t mean a waste like I didn’t appreciate what I learned from the handouts but this is finals week and I have more pressing matters. Texas Lutheran has again succeeded in overlooking the work load of their students. I am angry that the University doesn’t understand that adding more thing to be learned and tested over the week of finals is not only daunting but time consuming. This has happened in most of my classes and I think I should speak up. I’m not a part time student that has all the time in the world to study for two classes. I have a full schedule of six classes and adding thing at the last minute doesn’t help me with actually knowing the material. As a student I feel over whelmed with all the studying because unlike everyone else some of my finals are cumulative over several long chapters and the class doesn’t give you reviews. I’m not writing this to complain I’m writing this to point out a flaw that I think this institution is over looking. If my words fall on deaf ears then this university will be seen in my eye’s as one that doesn’t understand its work load on  students. The professors are not only teaching assignments the university wants them to do but also what they want the student to learn. This makes workloads nearly unbearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment