Sunday, December 4, 2011

DIA DE LOS MUETOS

I attended chapel on October 31 and learned about the Hispanic tradition dia de los muetos. that means the day of the dead in Spanish. unlike the American Halloween the day of the dead actually has meaning. I say that because Halloween to me isn't anything but a way for companies to make money; while the day of the dead is a time to remember our ancestors and pay tribute. I was quite moved by learning this new concept because my grand father on my little bothers side had just passed away. he really was a great man. he was on dialysis for several years but continued to preach at his church until one day in 2008 the church caught fire. he will always be remembered as a great man to me because he never lost his morals and showed no weakness not even on his death bed. i feel bad at times because i didn't go to his funeral. As for my little brother which was very close to him he handled his death well. I was surprised because he never spoke to me about how that made him feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment